Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 1085 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:30 AM
Default mesh Toolkit Cannot convert OBJ to WSO
Hi all! This is my 1st time posting in the forums, so I apologize if this is not in the correct thread.

I've been attempting to convert the braided ponytail from the sims 4 to ts3 and I cannot seem to convert the obj. I don't own milkshape(the trial ran out months ago), so i've been using blender to delete and rename the group meshes and i've named the main mesh as group_base and group_0 like mtk requires, so maybe this is where i'm at fault? i've also tried renaming the object file itself as group_0. So is there some sort of fix for this, or is this project just a lost cause?
Screenshots
Advertisement
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:15 PM
I personally would try to find a way to get Milkshape back actually if you're planning on creating custom content for TS3, as it provides pretty much everything that Blender can't provide

That said, it seems like the error isn't group based actually... it's not recognising the file so it seems. Which sounds understandable since Meshtoolkit doesn't support Obj files, but only sim-related files (So GEOM, BGEOM, etc.) Thus, isn't recognising it since it thinks you're trying to import a GEOM file. So sadly, it doesn't support OBJ files. What you could do is just export it as a OBJ in blender, but keep in mind that you'll lose any bone data that you'll need, since waterfront obj doesn't support bone weights.
If you meant it the other way around... I don't think that's possible with meshtoolkit